Monday, January 31, 2011

Dress Making Sew Along - Part 3: Fabric Choice - Finally!!

I am so excited I was able to find this navy blue poplin twill in the family fabric stash! This blue will be great for all season wear. I can brighten the color up in the Spring and Summer wearing a printed scarf around the waist or around the neck. I am so excited to be able to start the process of tracing my vintage pattern. I purchased it like new, so I do not want to ruin the thin crepe paper.

I did some thinking. I am toying still with the button choice. Because of my narrow shoulders, instead of putting buttons along the shoulders of this dress, I am going to perhaps place two buttons on either side of the points at the corner of the neckline. This way a sweater will not get caught up in the buttons. I am not sure what type of buttons I will use. I surely need some eye-popping designs! And not just round, either. I do have a box labeled "buttons" somewhere in my personal stash of sewing supplies; will have to dig it out. If I can't find any suitable, it will be an evening hunt on eBay.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous material! I think you made a good choice with a solid color rather than the prints you were considering. It's going to be lovely, that is if you don't change your mind again! :P

    ReplyDelete