Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dress Making Part 2

All right. I'm back to the fabric drawing board. My green fabric, although very pretty, is too thick for this type of dress. I had an inkling that it was, but I was so happy to have found green fabric that I didn't want to face the facts of the thickness of fabric.... sigh.... Here are a few more fabric selections.

 I am thinking that this will come acros as  too "grandma-ish" and perhaps look like it should be an apron! This fabric is hard to find  coordinating skirt fabric because the "brown" in the fabric isn't really brown nor is it purple. Almost like a taupe, but do not want a lighter skirt color. Any suggestions?











Does this look too '70s? I want the fabric choice to be '40s-style but without large floral patterns. I do not have enough of this fabric to make a skirt, so it would have to be the bodice. Let me know what you think of this fabric.







This fabric is a soft cotton feel. Looks like flannel but it is not. The tiny dark centers of the flowers are blue, so i could have a blue skirt.









I am still not sure if these three fabric choices are the best for the pattern I am trying to make. I am in love with the first option, however, trying to find a coordinate a n d buttons to match will be difficult. If anyone has a place they shop for nice vintage-repro or even '40s dated fabric, let me know -- I would appreciate it so very much! Have a marvelous rest of the Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tisha, I'm doing Casey's sew-along as well, and I thought I'd stop by and say that I really like the check pattern second from the top. I find it a bit hard trying to picture in my mind a particular fabric made up into a dress. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete