Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sew Along Dress -- Button Holes!

Ta da! My button holes are d o n e. I am really excited - I will be posting completed photos this weekend. My 1965 Kenmore Sewing Machine came to the rescue and the button-hole attachment the machine came with worked beautifully. (Although I have to whip stitch a few button holes; not sure what happened with the thread. When I seam ripped a line through the middle, the button holes looked awful. Eh, I'm sure that has happened to a few of you.) Considering my very first sewing project, I think all went well. Here are a few sneak peak photos of the button holes before they were opened. Please keep in mind that I have to remove one of the buttons and re-sew because it isn't exactly straight. Oops - eh - mistakes happen.


  •  the pattern - 1949 - mail order
 aren't they beautiful??

 buttons finished w/ the button holes

lefty's slightly too close - must mend 
(already? the dress is fresh!) lol

sloppy button holes -- but they looked so pretty before I separated them! Not sure how to fix this problem.... I was so careful

No comments:

Post a Comment