Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sew Along Dress Finale

The long-awaited dress is here! In full form with a few accessories. This project was by far the most challenging because it was my very first sewing project. (I have since completed a second project which will be shown later). This sew along encouraged me to step outside my boundaries and learn a lot about sewing. Casey's Elegant Musings blog has been an inspiration to me - and I happened upon it through a "vintage 1940s dress" google search! lol ... I will do another post about what I experienced through this sew along and things I would change, keep, etc. But for now, here are the photographs, taken by little sister, who did a pretty good job.


The Dress: Mail Order Pattern, 1949, handmade by me
The Shoes: 1950s thrifted
The Jacket:  1940s, WW2, handmade by someone else
The necklace: blue beads, thrifted, handmade by someone else

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I am at a loss for words about this dress--it's so pretty!!! (Seriously having some dress-envy right now! hehe!) The buttons on the shoulder are such a great touch; and the silhouette is beautiful. I am definitely adding a pattern like this style to my "vintage pattern hunting" list. ;) Beautiful job!!!

    ♥ Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out perfect, love the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute that is. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the button detail, too!!

    Casey, here is a similar pattern: http://betsyvintage.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_8&products_id=1030

    I might buy it myself, but I'm not sure I should spend the money right now...

    ReplyDelete