Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Second Dress Project - Lace

I have been in the sewing mood since I made my first vintage dress a few weeks ago. Since, I have made three skirts, from a 1981 pattern, very simple and darling! Spring is soon coming, and I have been in the mood for dresses. My closet is dress-sparse, so I thought another dress on the hanger would suit just fine.

The dress I made for Casey's Swing Dress Sew along turned out so well, I thought I would make another dress. This one is from the mid-40s with almost the same styling, without the buttons. I made an unexpected trip to Joann's the other day, and found some very nice avocado swingy polyester blend fabric. Joann's was having a huge sale, and I bought all of the avocado green they had, and still have some left over to make a skirt if I want!

I am not sure how long it will take me with this dress, but I am estimating about two weeks. This lovely pattern calls for two lace inserts at the collar, and believe me, it was hard to find some lace that I liked, as most lace does not suit me. (I don't know what it is about flowers and lace. I suppose I am a simple maid. lol.) But the lace I did find in my stash is quite petite and very lovely. I estimate it is around the mid 40s-50s, but I could be wrong!

I will be posting work-in progress photos as I go along, so please keep checking back for the details!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment