Sunday, April 10, 2011

Second Dress -- Photos

The weather was blustery out, but was able to shoot some nice photos inside. This second dress was fairly simple to put together. Being my second mail order pattern to work with, it was a bit challenging, because mail order patterns did not come with enough instructions. The sleeves gave me the most fuss, but I think they turned out all right. There is still room for improvement, though! The only thing I would definitely change is the collar. It fits very snugly around my neck, which isn't desirable, but overall, I would make this dress again.

Dress     -- handmade by me; mid 1940s college style; mail order, ebay
Belt        -- handmade by me; vintage pass through buckle, auction find
Shoes     -- vintage woven canvas, thrifted (shown in another photo)
Earrings -- gift from sister

 

No comments:

Post a Comment