Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Sewing Projects

Over the past few weeks, I have been sewing - it's almost become addicting! I do enjoy it, and being able to make my own clothes the way I like them is so very rewarding. My first project was the Swing Dress Sew Along with Casey at Elegant Musings. The dress turned out ok, but still there were things I needed to learn. And learn them I did. With the help of my dear mother, I sewed four skirts (one of which I am not posting), and by the fourth one, which I finished yesterday, I was doing it solo. Here are a few outfit photos of my recent sewing triumphs. Each skirt does have a different accent. I have yet to make a purple skirt out of some nice cotton that I purchased on sale.

Blue Skirt - front pleat & tiny pocket -- handmade
Skirt -- handmade - this is the solo project
Sweater -- thrifted
Bracelet -- red, white, blue, garage sale
Shoes -- vintage 60s, thrifted
Brooch -- vintage 1941, auction sale


Black Jean Skirt




Skirt -- black jean, handmade
Shirt -- thrifted
Sandals -- Payless - the perfect store for small feet!




Black Skirt

Skirt -- handmade
Sweater -- vintage 50s or 50s style
Shoes -- ?
Dog -- (he was curious!)

Swing Dress Sew Along

 Dress -- 1949 mail order pattern, ebay; handmade
Shoes -- vintage 50s canvas/wooden, thrifted
(note: shoes were also worn for second dress outfit post)

No comments:

Post a Comment