Friday, February 18, 2011

A Shoe Find - 1940s WW2

Being blessed with a rather small foot, it is very hard to find shoes that fit properly. Either they are too long and narrow, too big, or simply don't fit. When people ask me what size I wear, I tell them: "Anywhere from a size 2 to a size 6, depending on the shoe." Really. The last wedding I was in I wore a size 2 shoe. :)

So when I go to garage sales, thrift stores, and other places, I hunt for shoes that might fit. Oh, there have been many pretty pair of shoes - downfall : just too big!

I went thrifting the other day as usual, and scanned the shoe rack with my sister. She found some really neat shoes that looked like they were 1940s. We analyzed the bottoms and found the heels were nailed with teeny nails - a sure vintage sign. Then the colors! Oh so WW2! I checked out the sizes and they were a size 5.5; I sized them up with my foot and they appeared that they would fit my little ole foot! We found three more pair the same size, bought them - and at a very nice price, too! - took them home where I tried them on.

Every single pair fit as if they were tailor made ~ now, my sister and I are in the buying/selling/ebay business. Whatever we buy, we sell. But not these! I rarely find shoes I like and find shoes that fit. These are for keeps, except one pair because they are simply too narrow at the toes for my surprisingly big toes.

Enough gabbing for now -- here are the photos - enjoy them!

 early WW2 sandals - the heel caps need repaired
Oh my - these are so very Patriotic ~ I have a hat, and WW2 jacket to match these
photos of the outfit coming soon!

- early 40s - mid 50s Shoes -
Socialites made in Spain
I have dreamed of owning this shoe in the exact colors!
 made in Spain - o la la !
These will need the upper sole re-glued onto the sole 
- can't wear them until they are fixed

-- vtg early 40s sandals -- 
these will be for sale on ebay soon - they are perfect!


 vtg 40s sandals - reminds me of Claudette Colbert in the Japanese WW2 film
these are simply flawless and a favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment